For asparagus lovers and bacon fiends, this is one dish that can’t be overlooked. This recipe is simple to make and full of flavor. The asparagus is wrapped in bacon, which is the ultimate addition to any dish.
Here’s how to make it.
- 2 Pounds of Fresh Asparagus – ends trimmed
- 12 Slices of Bacon
- ½ Cup of 1 Stick of Butter
- ½ of Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon of Freshly Ground Pepper
How to Prepare Trisha Yearwood’s Asparagus Bundles
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°F.
- Take your asparagus and divide it into 12 separate bundles. Carefully wrap a single piece of bacon around each individual bundle of asparagus. Be sure to start about ½ from the bottom of the spears. Using a toothpick, secure the bacon-wrapped spears. Lay down the bundles in a casserole dish.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, pepper, and garlic salt. Bring it to a boil over medium heat. Once the mixture has come to a boil, pour it over the asparagus bundles. Roast the spears in the oven until they start to wilt and the bacon is fully cooked. This takes about 25 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks prior to serving.
The glaze is what adds a lot of the flavor in this dish. It coats the asparagus and adds a caramelized flavor that pairs tremendously with the smoky bacon. According to Trisha Yearwood, you can make this dish in the summer or winter; whether it’s as a side or a snack, it will be the star of the table.