The Required Ingredients
To make the blueberry lemon bread, prepare the following ingredients:
- 2 cups plus a couple of tablespoons of flour
- A teaspoon of baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of baking soda
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 and a quarter-cup of granulated sugar
- The zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 and a half cups of blueberries
- Half a cup of sour cream
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
For the glaze, prepare:
- Half a cup of blueberries
- The juice of one lemon
- Powdered sugar – a cup and a half
- A pinch of salt
Preparing the Dough
Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine 2 cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the butter, sugar, and lemon zest together in a large bowl using a mixer. Add the eggs one at a time while mixing, followed by the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients until incorporated. Lastly, add sour cream and lemon juice.
In a separate bowl, toss the blueberries with a couple of tablespoons of flour, then fold them into the batter. Transfer everything to a greased baking pan and bake the bread for 60-70 minutes. Let it cool for 20 minutes or so before removing it from the pan.
Glaze the Bread
Put a small pot over medium heat and cook the blueberries, lemon juice, and salt for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally, smashing the blueberries with the wooden spoon. Through a mesh strainer, press out all the juice into a medium bowl. Stir the powdered sugar into the liquid until it forms a glaze, then pour over the cooled bread.